Research Scientist, Chemistry
[ September 14, 2020 ]
We are seeking an Organic or Medicinal Chemist who has demonstrated significant impact on research or drug discovery programs by applying their superb synthetic or medicinal chemistry skills. This individual should possess the ability to plan and execute challenging targets independently and be familiar with novel discovery technologies. A keen interest in hypothesis driven drug discovery, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a team environment by engaging with cross-functional Scientists are key elements of the role. This role will be a permanent, full-time position and will be based in our Burnaby, BC office.
- Effectively design drug candidates that advance SAR/SPR based on analysis of biological, DMPK, and physicochemical properties data.
- Work closely within the Medicinal Chemistry department and with the broader project teams, to influence the progress of projects.
- Execute the synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecules efficiently.
- Develop and implement the design of synthetic routes to target compounds.
- Analyze data, interpret results and recommend appropriate action.
- Keep abreast of recent scientific developments, patents and primary literature.
- Prepare technical reports, SOPs, patent procedures, summaries and quantitative analyses.
- Prepare presentation materials and clearly communicate research results at internal and external meetings.
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook according to corporate standards and SOPs.
- Participate in keeping the laboratory environment safe and well-organized.
- PhD degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 0-5 years of experience (or a BSc with 5-10 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or MSc degree with 3-8 years of extensive industry experience and skills comparable to a PhD). Hiring level consistent with the experience of the candidate.
- Strong academic and practical background in modern synthetic, organic or medicinal chemistry design and methodology.
- Solid experience and scientific understanding of modern drug discovery technologies including, molecular modeling, DMPK, metabolism and physical properties is a plus but not required.
- Solid to excellent information technology (IT) skills, including data and information retrieval (such as Vortex, D360 Spotfire, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team environment and to multitask.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic.
- A commitment to continuous learning and a demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with rapidly-changing priorities.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Research Scientist, Chemistry” in the subject line. All attachments must be saved as one file and be named: “Your Full Name – RS, Chemistry”. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.